“I believe we can always learn how to cope better”
My path in psychology has been long and winding. Since I was little I was surrounded by older adults. This sparked my interest in ageing and developmental psychology, and I spent ten years studying them. What I learned, from my personal experience, and from my work as a scientist, is that there are things that are equally important to us regardless of age, that with knowledge we get better at self-care, and that we all at some point of our lives go through various losses, and that we survive.
While learning more about psychology and psychotherapy, I moved between four countries, got married, and found my home in Oxford.
I believe in a combination of different approaches in psychotherapeutic work. Different clients, and different issues require flexibility in the approaches used; some approaches might be more effective and some could be less (some could even be damaging). I use cognitive behavioural therapy principles for structuring my sessions and as one of my main therapeutic techniques, but will also draw on a range of psychotherapeutic schools, including humanistic and psychodynamic therapy, as appropriate to your needs.
If you become my client, I want you to feel comfortable and safe, but I also want you to question yourself, to make your unconscious conscious when needed, and to be unafraid of challenging your beliefs and assumptions.
If it sounds like something you can benefit from, I would love to hear from you.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Enhanced CBT (Psychological Trauma and Personality Development), Oxford University (expected completion 2024)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Enhanced CBT (Complex Presentations), Oxford University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment, Charlie Waller Institute (Reading University)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Personality Disorders (Beck Institute)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Depression (Beck Institute)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Anxiety (Beck Institute)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Essentials (Beck Institute)
- MSc Psychotherapy, Counselling, and Research (NRU-HSE)
- BSc Psychology (NRU-HSE)